Access the FTP Manager
These steps will explain how to access the FTP Manager.
- Login to your PointClick cPanel
- Click the "hosting" link at the top of the account.
- Click the "cpanel" link at the top.
- In the "File Management" section click on "FTP Manager"
Create a new FTP account
Once you have accessed the FTP Manager these steps will explain show to create an FTP account.
- Under the "ADD FTP Account" section enter a Username:
Enter the password you would like to use into the "Password" and "Password (Again)" boxes.
- Please note that the username will automatically have your domain added to the end. Example: email@example.com
Choose the directory you would like the FTP account to have access to.
- Please note the password strength indicator must show 20 or better before the password will be accepted.
Select a Quota. You can choose unlimited or enforce a maximum size for this FTP account.
Click the "Create FTP Account" button.
- This will be filled in automatically with the username you entered.
- This will correspond to a directory on your account.
- If the directory does not exist it will be created.
- When this FTP account connects they will be taken to this direcory.
- The FTP account will not be able to access anything outside the this directory.
- Entering "/" will give this FTP account full access to your files.